Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Somewhere over the Rainbow..poppystamps

No you are not in Kansas anymore! Welcome to the Poppystamps Blog! Today I have a glittery card for you. What started out as a great easy(or so I thought) idea took me about 5 hours to complete. I will explain why as I go...

IMG_0061
I took one of my double sided tape sheets and cut the rainbow die, I then removed one side of the tape to add all colors of the rainbow in order...

IMG_0067
Separate glitter
No here is where I made my mistake( hopefully you can avoid it if you give this glittery technique a try). I then started to remove the back side of my glittered rainbow pieces and thought I'd just adhere them down. Well the tape by itself is very flimsy, I suggest adhering your double sided tape to card stock for stability and then cut to glitter.
Poppyrainbow

Rainbowcloseup
And here is the finished card! You can see through with just the tape. Next time I will use cardstock backers. :) Have a great Day!
Lezlye Signature copy

No comments: