Monday, September 21, 2015

Hoping..... Poppystamps

Feathers poppy
Welcome to the Poppystamps Blog! I am happy to share my Feathered card for you today! To create the gorgeous colored die cut feathers I started with my favorite distress inks. I used two different techniques. One where I wet the feather and added color by painting with a paint brush like watercolor. The second way is to ink your craft mat spritz water and dab or tap your die cut feather into the color. (that is how I achieved the dotted look on the medium sized feather.  After adding the color I dipped my feathers in Versamark ink pad and then added a poly-sparkle embossing powder and heated it. This gives the feather a glitter look and added stability.
IMG_5952
IMG_5953
Poppyfeather2
I also did another one where I did a revers smooching technique( I hope to show a tutorial on this one soon)on my card base then I added golden feathers around my sentiment. It is a good way to showcase a sentiment and use the die cuts as accessories.

Poppygoldfeathers
Lezlye Signature copy

No comments: